Kimco Steel Sales Proudly Serving you for three generations.
Kimco Steel Sales is Eastern Ontario's most innovative and modern New Steel, Scrap Metal and Recycling Centre. Kimco is a high technology sales and processing operation on an impressively maintained 45 acre site in Kingston's Industrial Park.
Kingston Whig Standard Article 1972
When one sees what Kimco has become today, it is difficult to conceive of it's humble beginnings. As a sixteen-year-old immigrant, Hyman Rosen came to Kingston in 1911 to start a new life. Following in his father's footsteps he collected rags and bottles with a horse and buggy. Hyman opened his first shop on Charles Street with the proud name of H. Rosen. He later moved to Rideau Street under the new name of: Kingston Scrap Iron & Metal Co. In 1950, Hyman was joined by his son, Irving, who brought with him new and creative ideas like the baling press. It compacted wrecked automobiles into dense bundles of steel. In the 1960's, Kimco expanded into New Steel sales. They also began their refuse operation serving industrial, commercial and construction customers. October 1975 marked Kimco's move to it's present location on Counter Street. Here Kimco further expanded it's New Steel sales operation, Ferrous and Non-Ferrous metal division, Recycling Centre and Container Service. All four divisions began servicing customers within an ever-expanding radius of Kingston. In 1977, the Canadian Recycling Association named Kimco Steel Sales "The Most Outstanding Recycling Operation in Canada".
In May of 1979, Gregg joined his father Irving. With his help, Kimco expanded into the American sector. He is consistently incorporating the newest equipment available in the industry so that the company can handle the challenges of a changing and environmentally conscious society. Times and technology may change, but at Kimco Steel Sales one thing has always remained the same ... a dedication to hard work, service to its valued customers and a commitment to a healthy environment.